The purpose of the local delivery teams is to bring together the operational managers of the responsible authorities, supported by other relevant organisations, to co-ordinate and ensure the delivery of the North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership Plan, in each district.
Local delivery teams work together to:
- Protect their local communities from crime and disorder, and help people feel safer;
- Deal with local issues like antisocial behaviour, drug or alcohol misuse, re-offending and crime prevention; and
- Assess local crime and disorder priorities and consult partners and the local community about how to deal with them.
These district level groups:
- Contribute to the development of the Joint Strategic Intelligence Assessment (JSIA) and the North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership Plan,
- Coordinate the activity of responsible authorities and other relevant organisations to ensure the delivery of the North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership Plan in the district,
- Share relevant local information and knowledge, including that supplied by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and the Police,
- Maintain a problem solving approach; working in partnership to identify and mitigate the impact of crime and disorder issues on the locality or victim and to promote crime prevention activities,
- Provide regular updates to and receive regular updates from the North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership,
- Advise the North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership on key matters relating to local community safety to support the development of strategic themes and priorities,
- Monitor and respond to emerging trends and issues that require a quick delivery response,
- Support partners and the community to deliver community safety solutions and projects in a timely and expedient manner,
- Work collaboratively with North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership, delivery partners commissioned by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, and other LDTs to ensure enhanced, effective and efficient joined up delivery at district level,
- Provide regular updates to the relevant local authority crime and disorder overview and scrutiny committee(s).
The links below gives details of local delivery teams in your area.