The Settle Area Freight Quality Partnership (FQP) is a group which aims to try reduce the impact of freight transport on the local community within the Settle Area, with specific focus on the movement of vehicles to and from the three quarries located within Ribblesdale.
The FQP's role as a partnership working group means that it is not an official North Yorkshire County Council meeting. However, the recommendations of the FQP can be reported to the County Council and through the Portfolio holder
Membership of the FQP is set up to provide representation from a range of key stakeholders including District and County Council members, local business, community groups and other relevant bodies.
The main objectives for the group are as follows;
- Develop a successful working relationship between North Yorkshire County Council, freight transport operators, quarry operators and the local community
- Provide a forum for parties to discuss both specific operational issues and also more general areas such as freight policy.
- Promote open dialogue to assist all parties in understanding each other's views on freight movements in the area.
- Develop a range of possible measures to assist in reducing the impact of freight transport on the local community.
- Assist in promoting responsible and sustainable freight transport in the area.
Membership of the FQP is set up to provide representation from a range of interested groups and businesses. For more information on membership of the FQP please click here.
The FQP has developed a voluntary routes map indicating routes suitable for HGVs travelling through the Settle area.
Quarry Action Line
Members of the public can report poor driving of quarry vehicles in the Settle Area to a dedicated hotline. As part of the work of the Settle Area Freight Quality Partnership, Lafarge Tarmac co-ordinate a telephone line, for the public to report any instances of inconsiderate freight vehicle driving.
The line is operated by Lafarge Tarmac staff from their Dry Rigg site in Ribblesdale and has the full support of the other quarry operator in the area, Hanson.
Wherever possible, the quarries work hard to identify the driver or haulier responsible for the reported issue. Once this has been done, appropriate action can be taken to deal with the matter.
The number to call is 01729 860411. It is available between 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to contact the FQP:
Telephone 08458 727374
Settle Area FQP
c/o Transport Planning Team
Highways & Transportation
North Yorkshire County Council