Last updated 27 April 2021
The national Covid-19 vaccination program is an important step in the response to the coronavirus.
North Yorkshire County Council is working with the NHS, the Government and community organisations to make sure people have information they need about the vaccine, in a format that they can use.
You can find the latest information about the vaccine on the North Yorkshire County Council website.
This page has links to helpful and accessible information about the Covid-19 vaccine. There is also information in different community languages.
Services are encouraged to use and share these with people you support to ensure that they have the most up to date information in a format that they understand and which meets their needs.
Accessible information about the vaccine
- UK Government Easy Read information on Covid-19 vaccinations here
- UK Government / Public Health England information on Covid-19 vaccinations in British Sign Language (BSL) - here
- Public Health England – NHS ‘A guide to your Covid-19 vaccination (Easy Read Guide) here
- MENCAP Information about the Coronavirus vaccine (Easy Read Guide)
- Signhealth British Sign Language (BSL) Covid-19 resources including videos on vaccinations:
- Covid-19 vaccination: Guide for older adults (available in large print format and many community languages here
- Easy read questions about the Covid 19 vaccine: www.keepsafe.org.uk/vaccine-questions
- Learning Disability England has co-produced a guide for people and organisations that offer paid support to people with learning disabilities. It helps people make a decision about having the Coronavirus vaccine.
- Short film about the coronavirus vaccine for people with a learning disability and autistic people: here
- MENCAP Easy Read guide on how to request a vaccine from your GP here
- Easy Read posters on who can have the vaccine by Keep Safe UK
- Now everyone can have the vaccine
- Covid vaccine: who gets it first?
Vaccine Information in Community Languages
The Migrant Information Hub offers resources and information to service providers to support people with different migrant backgrounds to stay safe, connected and informed during Covid-times. They have produced the following information in a range of community languages.
Titles available (click the links to find versions in all available languages)
- Why you have to wait for your Covid-19 vaccine: click here
- Covid-19 vaccination: a guide for social care staff: click here
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination: click here
- A guide for women of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding: click here
- A guide for frontline healthcare workers on COVID-19 vaccination: click here
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for older adults: click here
Information about the vaccine for different cultural and faith groups
- Video by Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) doctors from Bradford about the vaccine: click here
- Top Ten Questions Imams and Scholars get asked about Vaccines – a paper by the British Board of Scholars & Imams: click here
- British Islamic Medical Association COVID-19 Vaccine Hub: click here
- ‘Note on the morality of using some anti-Covid-19 vaccines’ by The Vatican – click here
- COVID-19 vaccination: healthcare and community settings posters including new poster about vaccination during Ramadan
For more information about Covid-19 in accessible formats and community languages please visit https://nypartnerships.org.uk/covidinfo
Photographs courtesy of Photosymbols